Introducing the New European Prize for Women Innovators!
The European Innovation Council (EIC) and the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) have joined forces to launch an exciting initiative – the European Prize for Women Innovators – that celebrates women innovators and their achievement.
This revamped European Prize for Women Innovators aims to recognize and reward an even wider community of women innovators, honoring their outstanding achievements and providing them with more opportunities to shine.
If you’re a visionary entrepreneur making a positive impact on people and the planet through your innovations, this is your chance to be recognized and celebrated!
Three winners will be announced at the European Innovation Council Summit in March 2024 across three categories:
- Women Innovators: Open to all women founders and co-founders from the EU and Associated Countries. The winner receives EUR 100,000, and two runners-up receive EUR 70,000 and EUR 50,000 respectively.
- Rising Innovators: Open to promising young innovators under the age of 35. The winner receives EUR 50,000, and two runners-up receive EUR 30,000 and EUR 20,000 respectively.
- EIT Women Leadership: Open to individuals connected to the EIT Community or existing Knowledge and Innovation Communities. The winner receives EUR 50,000, and two runners-up receive EUR 30,000 and EUR 20,000 respectively.
Who should apply
The prize is open to:
- Women (this prize celebrates women in all their diversity)
- Established in an EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country
- Who have founded an innovative company registered at least 2 years before the call year
Those applying for the Rising Innovators category must be under 35. There is no age limit to apply for the Women Innovators or EIT Women Leadership prize.
Eligible applications will be evaluated against 3 award criteria:
- Breakthrough innovation – the company or organisation founded or cofounded by the applicant is pioneering a breakthrough and disruptive innovation within the EU or countries associated with Horizon Europe.
- Impact – This innovation addresses a real need or challenge, with significant benefits for people and/or planet.
- Inspiration – the applicant is an inspiring leader, who has played a pivotal role in the success of the company or organisation. The applicant is a role model who inspires and empowers other women and girls.
If you believe you meet the criteria for any of these awards, don’t hesitate to apply starting from June 15, 2023, until September 27, 2023. Seize this opportunity to showcase your remarkable innovations and make a difference!
Ready to take the next step? Apply now via the Funding & Tender Opportunities portal:
Let’s celebrate women in engineering and inspire a new wave of sustainable innovation in Europe!
Together, we can break barriers, foster inclusivity, and empower women as leaders in technology and climate action. Join us on this incredible journey!
You can find more about the European Prize for Women Innovators here.
This article was originally published on CCAM. The original blog post can be found here.