FAME will develop and validate common methodologies and tools to facilitate the sharing of best practices and lessons learned to support the collaboration within the community of CCAM stakeholders needed for the organisation and evaluation of large-scale demonstration and future scale-up to the impacts of complete CCAM solutions.
The mission of FAME supports the commitment of the European Commission and the European Partnership on CCAM to provide a long-term coordination framework for R&I and large-scale testing and evaluation activities in Europe. The establishment of a stakeholder-validated European framework for testing on public roads, including a common evaluation methodology (CEM), a CCAM test data space (TDS), and of means for exchange of knowledge on CCAM activities, will improve cooperation, consensus building and data sharing. It will enable comparability and complementarity of the results of all testing and large-scale demonstration activities in Europe.
FAME builds on a strong legacy of EU-funded Coordination and Support Actions ARCADE, CARTRE, VRA and FOT-Net, which have developed harmonised methodologies and federated large networks of stakeholders to drive consensus building on challenges, needs and requirements for CCAM and Field Operational Tests.
- Establish a European framework for CCAM testing activities on public roads comprising taxonomy, the CEM, CCAM TDS and a legal & ethical framework
- Develop a common evaluation method (CEM) that provides guidance on how to set up and carry out an evaluation or assessment of direct and indirect (wider socio-economic) impacts directed at different user groups.
- Develop a CCAM test data space (TDS) to establish trusted data sharing between different types of stakeholders within the CCAM community.
- Engage the stakeholder network of the CCAM partnership and enrich it with the broader European and international CCAM stakeholder community for the further development, alignment and exploitation of the content of the Knowledge Base and the development of a common methodology and testing framework
- Enhance the EU-wide Knowledge Base with an efficient governance mechanism, ensuring continuous contribution from CCAM stakeholders to serve their needs and the CCAM partnership (SRIA)
|Project Name||Framework for coordination of Automated Mobility in Europe (FAME)|
|Project Type||Research & Innovation Action (RIA)|
|Funding Programme||Horizon Europe|
|Topic||HORIZON-CL5-2021-D6-01-06 – Framework for better coordination of large-scale demonstration pilots in Europe and EU-wide knowledge base (CCAM Partnership)|
|Starting date||1 July 2022|
|Total funding||5,7 M€|
|Coordinator||ERTICO – ITS Europe (Dr Stéphane Dreher)|
Have feedback on this section? Let us know!
Please add your feedback in the field below.
Your feedback has been sent!
Thank you for your input.
An error occured...
Please try again later.