5G-ROUTES project: 1st Open Call for SMEs, start-ups and spin-offs for CAM testing
The 1st 5G-ROUTES Open Call has been officially announced and starts on the 15th of March 2022! The 5G-ROUTES project invites 3rd party SMEs and spin-offs to submit a draft proposal of a CAM service that they would like to bring the CAM service for testing in one of the two cross corridor places of Bikiernecki or Valga-Valka in the border of Estonia-Latvia. The Open Call #1 starts on March 15th of 2022 for testing CAM services in the period of May 1st – May 15th 2022 and will involve a 5G NSA infrastructure in the above places, while open Call #2 will be announced in 2023 when the 5G SA infrastructure is set-up and provided in the above places.
Both Open Call rounds will aim at providing the infrastructure for the interested SME parties to bring short proposals describing their CAM services that will enhance 5G-ROUTES test cases. Call proposals are expected to enhance the CAM services that will be tested by the 5G-ROUTES partners.
APPLICABILITY AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Only European SMEs, start-ups and research spin-offs will be able to submit proposals:
Operational eligibility criteria for proposals will also be:
- Only one SME per proposal will be admitted.
- Proposals must contribute to the extension of the 5G-ROUTES CAM services.
Administrative (and other) criteria are as follows:
- Proposals must be written in English in all their parts in order to be eligible.
- Proposal should be maximum one page long.
- Prize: local publicity and participation in a joint booth at a major 5G event.
- Opening date: 15.03.2022
- Closing date: 20.04.2022
- Results announced: 26.04.2022
- Contact person: George Agapiou, David Pubill
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date for planned tests: 01.05.2022 – 15.05.2022
- Project’s web site: https://www.5g-routes.eu/
Download the Open Call for more information.
5G-ROUTES is a 5G-PPP Phase 3 project whose aim is to validate through robust evidence the latest 5G features and 3GPP specifications (R.16 & R.17) of Connected and Automated Mobility (CAM) under realistic conditions. In particular, it will conduct advanced large-scale field trials of most representative CAM applications to demonstrate seamless functionality across a prominent 5G cross-border corridor (Via Baltica-North), traversing Latvia, Estonia and Finland.