ENSEMBLE Final Event
17 Mar 2022
ENSEMBLE is an EC project that has for the last three years implemented and demonstrated multi-brand truck platooning on European roads.
ENSEMBLE’s ambition is to take important steps of technological research before full deployment of multi-brand truck platooning. The project wants to communicate the economic, societal and environmental impact of decisions surrounding platoon forming and dissolving. Their final event will be an occasion to discuss with high-level speakers and experts the achievements of the project.
Draft agenda for the event
- 10:00 Introduction by the moderator Carin ten Hage (Executive coach, Off the Map)
- 10:05 Welcome & Opening – Joost Vantomme (CEO, ERTICO – ITS Europe)
- 10:15 Keynote speeches
- Lydia Peeters (Flemish Minister of Mobility and Public Works)
- Georgios Sarros (Project officer, European Commission, CINEA)
- 10:45 Introduction of the ENSEMBLE project – Marika Hoedemaeker (Project coordinator, TNO)
- 11:05 Results from real life testing – Delia Willemsen (TNO)
- 11:25 ENSEMBLE Movie
- 11:35 Technical Speeches part 1: The impact of multi-brand platooning
- On other road users – Christophe Jallais (Université Gustave Eiffel)
- On fuel consumption – Robin Vermeulen (TNO)
- On traffic flow – Kinjal Bhattacharyya (Université Gustave Eiffel)
- 12:35 Break
- 13:15 Technical Speeches part 2: The future of multi-brand platooning
- Platoon occurrence & matching – Ernst-Jan van Ark (TNO)
- Economic business case – Francois Combes (Université Gustave Eiffel)
- Future regulations – Carlos Lujan (APPLUS IDIADA)
- 14:20 Panel discussion with external stakeholders
- 15:00 Signature of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- 15:15 Closing remarks
More information about registration and the event programme will follow up on the project website.
An article about the results can be found here.