Last modified on April 1, 2023
FAME CCAM R&I projects & stakeholder consultation workshop
08 Mar 2023
Brussels, Warwick Brussels Hotel (in-person only)
FAME is organising a workshop in Brussels (in-person only) on Wednesday, 8 March 2023, 14:00-18:00 CET in conjunction with the CCAM Partnership Multi-Cluster Meeting which will take place on 9 March.
The objective of the workshops will be twofold:
1) enable R&I projects concertation in support of the CCAM Partnership’s SRIA update and
2) gather the needs and feedback from R&I projects and the CCAM community on the Knowledge base and the Taxonomy which is being developed as part of the European Framework for Testing.
The European Framework for Testing on Public Roads and the EU-wide Knowledge Base developed and maintained by FAME constitute key tools for projects to set up and evaluate demonstrations, co-create and use harmonised methodologies and exchange best practices and lessons learned. The content of the Knowledge Base should also serve as a basis for the identification of future R&I and demonstration needs for updating the CCAM Partnership’s Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) and developing future Horizon Europe Work Programmes in CCAM.
The first part of the workshop will discuss the needs and gaps for future large-scale demonstrations, building on experience and lessons learned from past and ongoing EU and national R&I, trials and demonstration projects. The outcome of this exchange will feed into the discussions for the SRIA update which will take place in the afternoon of the Multi-Cluster meeting on the next day.
The second part of the workshop will consist of an interactive discussion with the audience in breakout groups on the usability and future needs for the Knowledge Base and the Taxonomy. It will ensure the development of tools that best serve the CCAM community in Europe to set-up, carry out and evaluate R&I and demonstration activities, paving the way for a harmonised deployment.
Intended audience includes representatives and experts from CCAM Partnership, Horizon 2020 and national or regional R&I, testing and demonstration projects.
- 13:30 – 14:00 Welcome coffee
- 14:00 – 14:10 Introduction to the workshop and FAME project – Stephane Dreher, ERTICO
- 14:10 – 14:15 Keynote speech – Andrea De Candido, DG Research & Innovation
- 14:15 – 15:45 Panel discussion: “Needs and gaps for future large-scale demonstrations” – Mats Rosenqvist, Volvo Group & Henriette Cornet, UITP
- Panel discussion on experiences and lessons learned from past and ongoing EU and national R&I, trials, and demonstration projects:
- IN2CCAM – Maria Pia Fanti, Politecnico di Bari
- ULTIMO – Lars Abeler, DB Regio Bus
- AVENUE – Dimitri Konstantas, University of Geneva
- MODI – Ragnhild Wahl, ITS Norway
- CONCORDA – Eusebiu Catana, ERTICO
- Assessment of automated shuttle experimentations supported by Ile-de-France Mobilités – Françoise Guaspare, Ile-de-France Mobilités
- 15:45-16:00 Coffee break
- 16:00-17:30 “World café” style sessions: work in groups around 5 predefined topics.
- Introduction to the sessions – Stephane Dreher, ERTICO
- Knowledge Base usability – Standards and data sharing – Wolfgang Backhaus, Rupprecht Consult
- Knowledge Base usability – Strategies/Action Plans and Regulations – Vasilis Sourlas, ICCS
- Taxonomy – Jaap Vreeswijk, MAPTM and Hassan Mahdavi, VEDECOM
- Methodological challenges – Satu Innamaa, VTT and Isabel Wilmink, TNO
- R&I projects mapping and analysis – Stephane Dreher, ERTICO and Carolin Zachäus, Zachäus, VDI/VDE Innovation + Technik GmbH
- 17:30-17:40 Short break
- 17:40-18:00 Feedback from the interactive sessions and wrap up the workshop – Stephane Dreher, ERTICO and sessions’ rapporteurs.
- 18:00-19:30 Cocktail.