Webinar 5G-MOBIX Netherlands Trial Site’s results and lessons learnt on 5G for CAM
23 Jun 2022 - 23 Jun 2022
The 5G-MOBIX EC project trials have been assessing the added value of 5G connectivity for connected and Automated Mobility (CAM) services and functionalities in cross-border conditions. 5G-MOBIX trial sites include two Cross-Border Corridors (Greece-Turkey and Spain-Portugal) and six local Trial Sites in France, Germany, Netherlands, Finland, China and South Korea (bringing complementary insights to the cross-border issues trialled at the Corridors).
This webinar will present the Netherlands Trial Site contributions and trial results testing 5G service continuity solutions for the different applications concerning extended sensing, advanced driving (collision avoidance) and remote driving. The trials have been conducted using two standalone 5G networks with driving tests on the public road, exploiting state-of-the-art 5G technologies such as slicing.
The trials provide an overview of the capabilities of the state of the art 5G technology for supporting Automated Driving, and the cross-border implications for a wide scope of applications in terms of service continuity. The results provide a good baseline for defining follow up research and development in future projects.
The webinar will also include videos from the trials and an interactive Q&A session to drive discussions on the results and lessons learnt from the trials.
- General introduction – Sven Jansen (TNO)
- Introduction to the NL-trials in relation to challenges for 5G CAM – Geerd Kakes (KPN)
- Collision avoidance using Manoeuvre coordination services – Johan Scholliers (VTT)
- Extended Sensors considering slicing and V2x quality of service – Peter-Paul Schackmann (TNO)
- Remote Driving using various network configurations – Jos van den Ouden (TU Eindhoven)
- Conclusions and summary – Sven Jansen (TNO)