Public roads closed to the traffic, as M79, M7 and M70 highways may be used for autonomous driving testing if the procedure explained below is fulfiled.
C-Roads project consists of a 136-km long stretch of the M1 motorway between Austria and Budapest that was selected in 2017 for C-ITS services pilot deployment. The C-Roads Platform is a joint initiative of European States for testing and implementing cooperative intelligent transport systems (C-ITS) in a harmonised and interoperable way.
ZalaZone. Private AV testing proving ground in Zalaegerszeg, including a urban test environment, to simulate urban driving scenarios with autonomous and connected vehicles. ZalaZone test area dispones of a 5G connectivity network.
The Hungarian approach shifted to the self-certification direction putting all the liability to the highest-ranking officer of the vehicle developer company.
Legislation modification date of release 12/04/2017.
“5/1990. (IV. 12.) KöHÉM rendelet”
“6/1990. (IV. 12.) KöHÉM rendelet”
Legislation modification date of entry into force 27/04/2017.
- At the Ministry of National Development, the developer company must register itself as vehicle developer.
- Developer shall request the Ministry authorisation for road testing, including specifications and approval of the vehicle.
- The developer must report what tests he usually performs.
- Tests over SAE Level 2 should be reported one by one.
- A specially trained test driver can perform the tests.
- Tests can be performed with continuous data recording to support the reconstruction of the unexpected road accident.
Organisation(s) in Charge
Hungarian Ministry of National Development.
Link to Procedure Website
Link to Documents
The law modification helps the testing company/organization to make it as simple as possible to run its road tests with safety in mind.
Have feedback on this section? Let us know!
Please add your feedback in the field below.
Your feedback has been sent!
Thank you for your input.
An error occured...
Please try again later.