Cross-border test bed between Germany, France and Luxembourg (Highway A13 and A3 for Luxembourg).
A formal application has to be submitted to the Ministry of sustainable development and infrastructure in Luxembourg (MDDI) with the following information:
- Technical information on the test vehicle, including specific modifications on the vehicle.
- For type approved vehicles the original COC plus modifications done;
- For non-type approved vehicles a report of a technical service.
- Description of any error prevention measures.
- Description of the safe state procedure in case of any errors.
- Intended track for the journey.
- The planed timespan for the journey.
- Documentation on the training of the vehicle driver.
A technical inspection of the vehicle will be performed by the Société Nationale de Circulation Automobile (SNCA) in order to verify that none of the modifications can cause security issues and a technical report will be send to Ministry.
If the SNCA does not detect any technical issues and all other provisions are fulfilled, the Ministry will grant an authorization, for the defined time lapse.
During the entire journey the vehicle needs to be equipped at the front and at the stern with a label bearing the inscription “Essai scientifique”.
Organisation(s) in Charge
Ministry of sustainable development and infrastructure Luxembourg (MDDI) and the Société Nationale de Circulation Automobile (SNCA).
Link to Procedure Website
Link to Documents
Comments are not available.
Have feedback on this section? Let us know!
Please add your feedback in the field below.
Your feedback has been sent!
Thank you for your input.
An error occured...
Please try again later.