In recent years, public and private actors have joined forces to bridge the gap between the development and deployment of CCAM: the European CCAM Partnership has provided the ideal framework to accelerate innovation and remove barriers at technical, operational, societal and economic level. Yet as we move towards large-scale deployment by 2030, we must continue to advance the technology readiness and maturity of CCAM solutions, tackle regulatory bottlenecks, scale-up public and private investments, and better understand our societal and environmental needs and expectations.
Discussions at EUCAD2023 will feed into the update of the Strategic Research & Innovation Agenda of the CCAM Partnership, thereby allowing participants to help shape future R&I priorities and strategic objectives.
- Demonstrate the impact of the CCAM Partnership by highlighting its activities under Horizon Europe, with particular emphasis on the first results from the 2021-2022 Horizon Europe calls;
- Take stock of latest policy, research and regulatory developments on CCAM: in particular, indicate how R&I can answer to specific policy and societal issues, thereby illustrating the need for European political and technological leadership in developing automated mobility solutions;
- Allow major road transport stakeholders to participate in active debates in order to network and exchange knowledge on the most recent technological developments and policies in the area of CCAM;
- Promote the uptake of European R&I activities and results to support the market deployment of CCAM solutions;
- Identify outstanding gaps, synergies and cross-sectoral cooperation required across thematic areas;
- Provide input to the Strategic Research & Innovation Agenda of the CCAM Partnership to reflect latest R&I priorities and strategic objectives towards the implementation of large-scale CCAM demonstrations.